Apple has just announced the much leaked, talked about and awaited iPad Mini at an event in San Jose, USA. The iPad Mini comes with a 7.9 Inch Display with 1024 X 768 resolution, the same resolution that we saw on the second generation iPad. Also Apple announced a little improvement over the 3rd Generation iPad. The iPad Mini pricing starts at $329 for 16GB Wi-Fi only version and is available on pre order now with shipping starting from 2nd November only.
Apple iPad Mini, as expected, has 7.9-inch LED backlit Multi-Touch Display with 1024 X 768 resolution. It means you can use the 275,000 Apps available for the iPad on the Apple Store hassle free on your iPad Mini as well. Like the iPad senior, this too comes in 2 version – Wi-Fi only and Wi-Fi and Cellular. Further it is powered by Dual-core A5 Chipset, has Facetime and iSight Cameras, Battery that last for 10 long hours and much more. Here are detailed specs and features of the new iPad Mini:
- 7.9 Inch LED-backlit Multi-Touch IPS Display with 1024 X 768 resolution, Fingerprint-resistant Oleophobic Coating
- Apple A5 1Ghz Dual Core Processor with PowerVR SGX543MP2 Graphics Unit
- Apple iOS 6 Operating System
- 512 MB RAM, 16/32/64 GB Storage Options, no microSD Card Slot
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB 2.0
- 5 MP Primary Camera (iSight) with Auto-Focus with 1.2 MP HD Front Camera
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- 4G LTE 42Mbps Connectivity (Cellular Version only)
- Accelerometer, Gyro, Compass
- Yes, with A-GPS support and GLONASS (only in Cellular version)
- 4400 mAh Li-Polymer Battery – 10 Hours back up
- Colors – Black-Slate and White-Silver
Along with the announcement related to the iPad Mini, Apple announced a improved iPad – 4th Generation. The iPad would now house a new Apple-designed A6X chip, FaceTime HD camera, improved Wi-Fi performance and more LTE Network support. The new chipset, the A6X enhances the power by 2 times for both the CPU and the the GPU.
Starting this Friday (October 26th), you can pre order both the iPad Mini and 4th Gen iPad. Wi-Fi only version of both the iPad Mini and iPad 4th Gen would start delivering from 2nd November only whereas the Wi-Fi and Cellular version would start shipping a few week later on. Pre order the devices only if you are in US, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.