LG has today officially announced the launch and availability of its very own phablet, the Optimus Vu. The LG Optimus Vu was spotted by many bloggers at LG India’s website just a couple of days ago. Announced originally at the Mobile World Congress earlier this year, it took a hell lot of time to reach the market. Also since it is the only competitor to the ultra successful Galaxy Phablet from Samsung, timing of its launch is little odd as Samsung as already launched the Galaxy Note 2 with improved specs and features.
Well forget about the rest, the Optimus Vu has 5 Inch IPS Display with 1024 x 720 pixels resolution and an odd aspect ratio of 4:3 which is by far still not seen in any other smart phone or tablet. Having such an aspect ratio makes it less compatible with a lot of famous apps out there in Google Play Store. More of its features include nVIDIA 1.5Ghz Tegra 3 Quad Core Processor, 1GB RAM, 32GB Internal Memory, 8MP Camera at the back with 1.3MP Camera, Android Ice Cream Sandwich and much more. Here are the Full Features and Specs of LG Optimus Vu:
- 5 Inch XGA IPS Display with 1024 x 768 pixels resolution (4:3 aspect ratio)
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0
- NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.5Ghz Quad-core Processor with dedicated GPU
- 1GB RAM, 32GB Internal Memory and no microSD Card slot
- 8MP Rear Camera with Autofocus and LED Flash, Front 1.3 MP Camera
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- Stereo FM radio with RDS, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- HSPA+ 21Mbps 3G connectivity
- Bluetooth 3.0, microUSB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass
- NFC and aGPS
- Standard 2,080 mAh Li-Ion battery
LG Optimus Vu Price in India is Rs. 34,500 and you would get 3 NFC Tag and Rubbebdium Pen as standard sales package in India.
LG has already sold about 500,000 units of Optimus Vu in Korea and has already announced the successor to the Optimus Vu, the Optimus Vu 2 available in Korea only as of now.