As per the information we have, with effect from 15th August, 2013 all existing 2G & 3G Data Vouchers will replace Uniform 2G and 3G Prepaid Data Vouchers for prepaid customers and the same will happen for postpaid customers effective 1st September, 2013. The customer profile in the NEW Unified Data Vouchers will be 3G with no speed restriction.
Under BSNL’s new Data Tariff Structure, 1GB of 2G/3G data voucher will come for Rs. 139 for prepaid customers and Rs. 125 for postpaid customers (service tax extra). Similarly, 2GB & 5GB packs would come for Rs. 251 and 561 respectively for Prepaid customers whereas for Postpaid customers, they would come bundled at a monthly rental of Rs. 225 and Rs. 501 respectively. All these packs/rentals would come with a validity of 30 days.
As of now BSNL has introduced only 30 days packs and it might launch more packs with differnet validity options in the near future after considering the market conditions. Here is the snapshot of the Data Tariff revision:
Some of the important terms and conditions that you should be aware of are:
1. The Data Usage charges for “bsnlstream” will remain the same at Rs.0.25/MB.
2. The customer profile in the new unified Data STVs will be 3G with no speed restriction.
3. All existing 3G and 2G Data STVs and packs for pre-paid GSM services will be withdrawn w.e.f 15.08.2013 and for post-paid GSM services the plans will be discontinued w.e.f. 01.09.2013.
4. The 2G and 3G blackberry plans uses blackberry APN, hence Blackberry 2G and 3G tariff plans will remain unchanged.
5. For Pre-paid 2G Data customers, who have recharged 2G Data STVs till 14.08.2013, the customer profile is to be converted to default profile of 3G with no speed restriction from 15.08.2013.
Few days ago, Reliance too reduced its 3G Data Tariff and brought them at par with 2G Data rates. Reliance 3G offers 1GB 3G Data at just Rs. 125 per month. You can check complete details on this page about Reliance 3G’s latest Plans.