Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL) has launched new Broadband Plans for its customers in Mumbai Telecom circle offering speed of up to 8 Mbps. MTNL’s High Speed Broadband Plans 8 Mbps starts at Rs. 990 for a month and goes up to Rs. 2998 (taxes extra)
MTNL Mumbai has launched 4 such plans keeping in mind different need of different individuals. Starting with Rs. 990 (tax extra), MTNL’s New 8 Mbps Plan offers Speed up to 8Mbps for downloading & surfing till 28 GB and 2Mbps for the same while uploading. After the limit of 28GB get exhuasted, the speed is reduced to 512Kbps both for Unlimited Downloading & Uploading.
Similarly there are plans at a rental of Rs. 1290, Rs. 1690 & Rs. 2290 offering same speed but with 50GB, 85GB & 165 GB Data respectively. You also have an option to opt for Combo version of these plans that offers a rent free land line for making calls.
Plan Name (Combo & Non Combo Both)
Monthly Rental (Rs.)
Speed (Download/Upload) with Data Limit
Upto 8Mbps/2Mbps till 28 GB and 512Kbps/512Kbps afterwards
Upto 8Mbps/2Mbps till 50 GB and 512Kbps/512Kbps afterwards
Upto 8Mbps/2Mbps till 85 GB and 512Kbps/512Kbps afterwards
Upto 8Mbps/2Mbps till 165GB and 512Kbps/512Kbps afterwards
- Data Usage includes upload and download wherever mentioned.
- DSL activation and testing charges, one time upfront CPE charges and monthly CPE service charges will be as per existing tariff for connection to be given on single pair using normal ADSL CPE (wired/wireless).
- One static IP given free of cost for DSL_8Mbps_2290 plan on customer request.
- For connection to be given on Line Bonding CPE and two pairs upfront charges will be:
- (a) One Time Line bonding CPE Upfront Charges : Rs 4000/-
- (b) Monthly service Charges for MTNL Supplied Line Bonding Modem : Rs 100 Per Month
- Combo version of above plan will offer a rent free landline. However in Non combo version customer will have to choose separate landline plan as per his requirements.
- In Combo plan initial charges and security deposit for landline will be as per existing landline tariff.
- No free call allowed in combo plans. Outgoing calls will be charged at Rs. 1 /pulse(as existing).
- These plans can be given Using normal ADSL CPE upto 1 KM distance and beyond that line bonding CPE can be used.
- Service tax extra as applicable.
Apart from these a Plan named as Broadband 8 Mbps plan using Line Bonding Technology is listed on MTNL’s website that offers the same speed i.e. 8Mbps for Download & 2Mbps Upload till 200GB. However this plan do not offer Unlimited data after the monthly limit as available in the above mentioned plans.
Upto 8 Mbps
Upto 2 Mbps
Monthly Service Charges
Monthly Free usage (Upload + Download)
Additional Data Usage Charges
Free Static IP(on Request)
- Line Bonding CPE Charges
- (a) One Time Upfront Charges for Line Bonding Modem (nonrefundable) : Rs 4000/-
- (b) Monthly CPE Charges for MTNL Supplied Line Bonding Modem : Rs 50 Per Month
- Activation Charges Rs. 200 is applicable.
- Service tax extra.