Along with the Social feature phone having a dedicated facebook button – the Asha 205, Nokia also announced a good looking feature phone at the same price point, the Nokia Asha 206. This too would come in 2 version, Dual SIM and the Single SIM. Featuring a 2.4 Inch Display with full Alpha Numeric Keypad, the Nokia Asha 206 is powered by S40 mobile OS, have a long lasting battery and more.
Nokia Asha 206 would be available before the year end at Rs. 3500 (approx.) in 3 refreshing colors – Cyan, Magenta and Yellow. We might get to see it in 2 more colors i.e. White and Black at some later stage. Some of it key features are
- System: GSM 850/1900,
- User Interface: Series 40
- Dimensions: 116 x 49.4 x 12.4mm
- Weight: 91.0g (including battery)
- Display: 2.4-inch, 65k colour 320×240 QVGA TFT display
- Camera: 1.3-megapixels, video capture
- Memory: Up to 10MB free user memory; up to 32GB micro-SD card
- Connectivity: GPRS/EDGE, 2.0 mm Charger Connector, Bluetooth v2.1 with EDR, 3.5 mm AV connector
- Battery life: 47 days standby / 20 hours talktime
- Imaging technology that optimizes photos taken with the 1.3MP camera for sharing on Facebook
- A comprehensive social and mobile entertainment package with eBuddy Chat, WhatsApp and a gift pack of 10 free, premium content items
- Available in single SIM and dual SIM models
- Dual SIM model features Nokia’s exclusive EasySwap technology that enables consumers to change SIM cards without having to turn off the device
- Impressive standby time: up to 47 days with single SIM and up to 28 days with dual SIM
One of the new feature introduced by Nokia on both the new phone is SLAM. This is the latest technology that allows quick and easy sharing of stuff between 2 phones just like bluetooth but with a difference.
It works with most Bluetooth enabled handsets and allows consumers to share multimedia content like photos and videos with nearby friends almost instantly. All you need is to select Send and then SLAM, it will find the nearest available device and initiate a transfer without the need for pairing both the devices making the transfer fast and easy.
You can read more about SLAM on this page.