Just as we had told you about few weeks ago, Samsung has finally officially announced a new DUAL SIM Android smart phone, the Galaxy S Duos for competing with the newly launched HTC Desire V. The same phone was leaked sometime ago and has a resemblance to the the Samsung’s Flagship, Galaxy S III.
Featuring a 4 Inch WVGA Capacitive Touch Display, this new offering from Samsung with Samsung’s Always On feature that allows you to receive calls on one SIM number while taking a call from the other. It comes with preloaded with Android Ice Cream Sandwich and supports 3G HSDPA 7.2 Mbps.
Here are the Full Features & Specs of Samsung Galaxy S Duos
- 4.0 Inch WVGA TFT Capacitive Touch Display supporting 480 X 800 resolution
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0
- 1 GHz Cortex-A5 Qualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon Processor with Adreno 200 GPU
- Dual SIM with Always On Feature (Dual Active)
- Dimension – 63.1 x 121.5 x 10.5mm & Weight – 120 gms
- 5MP Camera with LED flash at back and a Front VGA Camera for Video Calling & more
- 3.5mm Audio Jack, Stereo FM Radio with RDS
- Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP, MicroUSB, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
- 768 MB RAM, 4GB Internal Memory, microSD support up to 32GB
- Standard Li-ion 1,500 mAh Battery
- GPS with aGPS support
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Proximity & Compass
The Samsung Galaxy S Duos would be competing with HTC Desire V. The difference between the 2 lies in the Front Camera which is missing in Desire V and battery as Desire V has 1,650 mAh Battery. Apart from these features, all most all features are are identical. HTC Desire V is priced at about Rs. 20-21k in India, so Samsung should price is at a more economical price tag.
The GALAXY S DUOS will be available from September starting in Europe and rolled out across other territories.