Remember couple of months back in June, HTC had announced 2 DUAL SIM smart phones dubbed as Desire V and Desire VC. Of the 2, HTC Desire V was made available in India in June itself and today we spotted the HTC Desire VC, the Dual SIM Ice Cream Sandwich smart phone that supports GSM and CDMA frequencies. At Infibeam.com, it is retailing at Rs. 21,999, about 6% below its MRP of Rs. 23,300. Also it has been listed on Flipkart.com under the coming soon tag.
HTC Desire VC is a Dual SIM Ice Cream loaded smart phone that has 2 SIM slots each for GSM and CDMA radios, whereas HTC Desire V supports only GSM+GSM networks on its Dual Sim Card slots. Also unlike Desire V, it is a Dual Active smart phone that wouldn’t let you miss any of the calls on either sims. Specs and Features wise, both the dual sim phones are identical twins. Some of the features of the HTC Desire VC are
- 4 Inch WVGA Capacitive Touch Screen supporting 480 x 800 Pixels resolution,
- Android Ice Ceram Sandwich with HTC Sense 4.0,
- 1 Ghz Cortex A5 Qualcomm MSM 7227A Processor with Adreno 200 Graphics Unit,
- 5 MP Camera with LED Flash and Auto-Focus,
- 1650 mAh Battery,
- 512MB RAM, 4GB Internal Memory, 32External Memory Support,
- Wi-Fi, Hotspot, microUSB 2.0, Bluetooth 4.0,
- Beats Audio, 3.5mm Audio Jack
It should be noted here that the Desire VC supports 3G only through CDMA network i.e. 3.1 Mbps EVDO Rev.A. The GSM SIM Supports only GPRS/EDGE connectivity.
Samsung is also planning to enter this segment of smart phones. It will be launching a Galaxy S III looking Dual SIM GSM only smart phone that was leaked just a few days ago. You can check more details here.